I frequently engage with specialists and general audiences on areas of social science, methodology, and technology related to my work and research. In addition to presentations and keynotes in professional conferences, I am also regularly quoted as expert in domestic and international media outlets.
Over the years, I have also taught short courses and seminars on methods and infrastructure in massive data analysis and on different areas of survey statistics for social scientists.
- Survey Statistics for Public Opinion Research
- Last taught January, 2020
- Big Data for Social Research
- Universidad Católica de Montevideo (2019)
- Universidad del Rosario, Bogotá (2017)
- Missing Data Analysis in Surveys
- Universitat Autonòma de Barcelona (2010)
I am interested in good research and engineering practices and I have led a number of trainings on computational reproducibility, methods of software development for statistical programming, and introductory and advanced R and Python.